Who we Are
In terms of the relevant legislation, the Data Controller is:
St Mary’s School, Calne, a company limited by guarantee. Registered number 00235572. Registered Charity 309482.
This policy is intended to provide information about how the school will use personal data about individuals. This information is provided because General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives individuals rights to understand how their data is used. You are encouraged to read this Policy and understand the school’s obligations to users of this website as well as its wider community.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as IP address, location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and increase security. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all parts of our website. You may also opt out of Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaopout
Using personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you general (non marketing) communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you the e-Lily and other marketing communications relating to the school which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically consented to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer desire marketing communications to be sent to you).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for you log-on details.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time – in practice, you will either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those websites.
Please contact us if the information that we hold about you is wrong or needs to be corrected or updated.