Passageways

For many years, there were stone-mullioned window frames set into the walls of Long Passage, and a remaining one can still…

Continue Reading Passageways

Florence Dyas

Florence Margarette Dyas arrived as Headmistress of St Mary’s in 1888. She was known for her gentle kindness and was much…

Continue Reading Florence Dyas
Origins of St Mary’s
The first School House (centre building)

Origins of St Mary’s

When St Mary’s School opened its door for the first time on a January day in 1873, there were nine girls…

Continue Reading Origins of St Mary’s
Meet the Archivist
Mrs Elizabeth Christie - School Archivist

Meet the Archivist

From the time of St Mary’s foundation, items related to the school had been put to one side as mementos. Gathered…

Continue Reading Meet the Archivist